You’re thinking of buying a dining room set, but you don’t know how much it will cost. Buying a dining room set can be a huge investment, and you don’t want to end up spending more money than you need to. We’ve created a guide that will help you figure out how much a dining room set will cost you. By reading this guide, you should be able to determine which type of dining room set is best for your needs.
1. Dining Room Sets: What Are They Including?
- A Dining Room Table. This is the centerpiece and largest piece of furniture in the set. It’s usually made of hardwood like oak or maple. The dining table usually measures 4 feet by 8 feet, but there are many options – some tables can be larger or smaller than this.
- A Dining Chair. These chairs are usually made from solid wood, and are comfortable to sit on. Most come in a set of four, although some sets come as six or eight.
- The Tablecloth/Table Runner. This covers the dining table and is usually made from cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester.
- The Side Chairs. These chairs usually measure 28 inches by 28 inches by 35 inches.
- The Benches. This is usually made up of 4 seats, and extends 20 inches from the wall
2. What types of dining room sets are available and how much do they cost?
There are three types of dining room tables available:
- Formal dining room tables: These sets have chairs with padded seats and backs. The chairs are upholstered in either fabric or leather. Formal sets range from $1000-$5000 or more depending on the design, size, and material.
- Casual dining room tables: Casual sets include wood or metal chairs. Some casual sets have padded seats and backs as well. Casual sets range in price from $500-$2000.
- Drop-leaf tables: Drop-leaf tables have leaves that fold down to extend the table. They can seat from two to six (or more) people. Drop-leaf tables come in wood, wood veneer or metal designs. The price of a drop-leaf table ranges from $300-$800.
3. The Cost of Custom Dining Room Sets
The cost of a dining room set can vary greatly depending on the materials, design, and brand. A basic set with a table and four chairs can start around $200, but a more elaborate set with a table, chairs, and a sideboard can cost upwards of $2000. The sky is really the limit when it comes to dining room sets, so it really depends on your budget and what you are looking for.
4. What to consider when setting your budget for a dining room set.
Finding the right dining room set for your space isn’t always easy, but you can read tips in this article that will help you make the right purchase.
- Consider Your Style: Before you decide on a set, think about what style you want. Retro, traditional, contemporary, etc.
- Consider the Material: There are many different materials to choose from. The most common are wood, metal, and glass. Wood can be expensive and prone to scratches, but metal is more affordable and more durable. You can also find sets made of other materials as well.
- Consider the Size: The size of your table and the size of your chairs are important. How big is your room? How many people are in your family? How many people will you be having over for dinner?
- Consider the Cost: Make sure you set a budget before you start shopping.
- Consider the Style: What style do you want?
- Consider the Size: How big is your room? How many people are you having over for dinner? How many people do you often have over for dinner? How large is your family?
5. How to Save Money on a Dining Room Set
There are many ways to save money when purchasing a dining room set. One way is to purchase a set that is on sale. Another way to save money is to purchase a set that is made of cheaper materials, such as particle board or laminate. Finally, you can save money by purchasing a used dining room set.
Once you’ve identified the dining room set that you want to buy, you’ll also need to consider your budget. How much are you willing to spend on a dining room set? If you haven’t already, you can use our dining room set calculator to calculate the cost of dining room tables and dining room chairs. I hope you find this information useful. Let us know if you have any questions!